I'm not sure if Annie was doing the vogue or not when she had her picture taken showing off her fancy new collar. Some of us here are great dancers. Angel is a hip hop dancer. I think I've seen Pistol practicing the jitterbug. It's hard to capture dancing in a picture, especially some of those fast dances.
We do have one dancer here that has just started his dancing. For the last week, he has been hiding in the corner practicing his moves. Really, he's off by himself just dancing up a storm.
He's got the wing action and the fancy footwork, but those tail feathers are pretty short. They don't even reach past the tallest part of the support tail feathers. I don't know who he thinks that is going to impress.
I guess he does have some nice colors, but he's not even dancing for anyone. All the girls are on the other side of the pen. If one of the chickens is unfortunate enough to look for bugs near him, he's on the offensive chasing her away.
Poor girls don't even notice him; they just want to find a good bug. Does she look like she's about to swoon with infatuation? I don't think so.
It's easy to imagine he will be a very handsome guy when he has the long feathers to go with his fancy dance moves. Today, he finally decided that his moves were perfected, and he actually came out of the corner to dance for one of the peahens. She still didn't look too impressed.




7 comments:
Oh he is going to be a beauty. His coloring is gorgeous.
It makes me wish the billy goat had a fancy tail to help his dance instead of just stomping his foot and making noises.
ooh! Isn't he handsome! I think he'd scare me a little though, with that dance! That chicken is saying, "now...where did I leave that bug?" heehee
lol oh hes beautiful :)
Maybe he'll let me have a beautiful feather after he's done dancing with them. :)
Oh my! He IS handsome! I wish I had a tail like that!
What a handsome guy! I would swoon with infatuation, if I were a peahen.
Post a Comment