Universal Life Church | ULC

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Annie

When the human came home and started doing chores, this is what she found.

It did not belong on the ground in the mud. This is where it belonged, on Annie Belle O'Boera.

This is the collar that Annie had been wearing since she first came to Eden Hills long before it was Eden Hills when she was only a few months old. She, Scarlet and Grace were not very friendly, so the human had to lock them in and put whatever collar she could find on them. They never had a new collar, just the leftover whatever was lying around collars.

Now Annie has lived here for for almost four years and become very nice. Last year, she had Sallie, who is standing behind her in the picture.

Isn't this much better? This year she'll have a Marley baby. You can see she is getting fairly close to having her baby. Anyhow, after four years, she lost that icky old collar.

Here Annie shows off not only her pretty new collar but also her flexibility.

6 comments:

IsobelleGoLightly said...

oooh! Annie is NATURALLY very beautiful and flexible...she is a BOER, like me! I like her name...Belle O'Boera! hee hee

Melodie said...

Very nice new jewelry! I think all the girl goatie should get pink collars!

Millie said...

Melodie, all of us have a unique collar--mine is purple. Well, Lily is a spoiled baby and doesn't have one. Mabel doesn't have one because she doesn't get along with the other goats so some (and I won't say who) like to try and pick her up by the collar. Besides, she can take it off on her own.

Isobelle I agree Annie is beautiful, but I am partial to those solid white goats.

Tracy said...

Hi Millie! I was wondering if you goats are trained to walk on a lead?
Keep up the great posts!

brokenteepee said...

Her new collar is much prettier.
Does she goat vogue?
heh

Millie said...

Tracey-not really sure if we're trained to lead. We usually just follow her or walk with her holding our collar. Most of us are pretty good about going where she wants us to. Some of us (Mabel, Scarlet) are not.

Pricilla-Annie does tend to strike a pose. Maybe is the goat vogue and maybe she just likes to have her picture taken. I'll ask her.