Universal Life Church | ULC

Friday, May 7, 2010

Buzz Buzz

Lately, I've been seeing these. That scares me. Oh, sure, they are a lot smaller than me. I've never been hurt by one, but they still scare me.

Two years ago, when Pam was a baby, she had an accident with one of these. She got stung. At first, the human thought she had an infection in a horn injury. I tried to tell her what happened, but instead, she saw the vet who scrubbed Pam's horn and gave her antibiotics and an anti-inflammatory. By that night, her whole face was swollen. The human continued with the doctor's instructions of giving the anti-inflammatory and antibiotics. By the morning, her breathing was labored and her whole body was swollen.

I don't know why that silly human doesn't listen to me. It would make life much easier. Finally, she figured out that Pam was having an allergic reaction. There is nothing to be allergic to around here but bee stings. If you know anything about bee stings, the worst thing you can do is take an anti-inflammatory. The vet came out and gave her a different shot to help the swelling. Pam also got to go in the house to be in the air conditioning. That really helped the swelling and breathing. When she came back out into the heat and humidity later, she did swell back up again, but her breathing was no longer dangerous. She did recover.

I don't know why that silly human doesn't listen to me. Life would be easier. I hope I never get stung. I hope my babies aren't allergic to bee stings. Do you think they make Epi pens for goats?

2 comments:

Melodie said...

What a scary story that was! I am glad it had a happy ending!

Millie said...

Where I live, the whole world has a happy ending. :-)