Universal Life Church | ULC

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Muffin and Jelly

This is Muffin and her daughter Jelly. Jelly was the last kid that was born this past June.

That makes her just over six months old. She loves eating with her Maa. After all, hay is very good.

After hay, Jelly enjoys a lovely dessert of Maa's milk. Her tail still wags too fast to even see it.

The human decided it was high time Jelly was weaned, even if Muffin wasn't going to do it.

Now Jelly and Muffin are in separate areas of the barnyard. You should hear them both holler about it.

7 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

awww. time for the last baby to snip the apron strings.

Anonymous said...

That's always the toughest time, but has to be done! Hugs to baby and mama!

Tracy said...

Poor Jelly! Weaning is such a hard time in a little goat's life.
With twins Andy and Caroline, I had to wean Andy at just over two months because he was intact and needed to be away from the girls. That was pretty drama free. From there I let Clara decide when she would wean Caroline. I think it was right around six months she just wouldn't stand for her anymore.

brokenteepee said...

I have heard that noise and it is something. Poor Jelly. Poor Muffin. They will live.

IsobelleGoLightly said...

They are both very beautiful! I didn't want to be weaned from my maaa either and my lady said I looked ridiculous having to nearly lie down on the ground to get a drink. Hee hee.

Candy C. said...

Weaning time is always hard but it has to be done!

Dreaming said...

Awwww, poor thing! I think it hurts the humans almost as much, when hearing the baaaaaa-ing that goes back and forth. :(