The human is not happy with us goats. She says she doesn't have the time to feed bottle kids before she's done teaching school. Well, she doesn't have much choice.
Pebbles's little girl, Cinnamon, can't compete with her triplet brothers. She's been on the bottle since about two days old. Pebbles and Cinnamon appreciate it.
Litha can't feed all three of her babies. Chuck and Oscar both take a bottle and nurse their mom.
Stormy can't keep up with her triplets. Haley and Harley still nurse their mom, but they also take a bottle.
She was making bottles for five kids. Now, Annie is on the human's naughty list. She refuses to take care of her boy, Fionn. I can't say that I don't blame her. I don't think I could ever not take care of my kids. Some nannies. The human thinks The Goat Borrower, Mimi, needs to take care of the Giant Fionn!
He was getting thin, but she filled him up with milk. Now she keeps bugging Minnie. She says, "Minnie, if you want to do that meditation thing and bring yourself into milk again, I'd be happy to milk you."
This is linked to Farm Friend Friday.


13 comments:
Those are just the sweetest goat faces ever! I wish I could help out. I know what it is like to have a job and bottle babies. Somethings gotta give. Good gosh but they are cute!
The human is lucky her mom comes to help. She likes to brush us too!
Kids can be a lot of work when you have to bottle feed. Think your human needs some kind of rack to hold the bottles and the kids can get their milk that way. One at a time is pretty time consuming. :(
Mercy me you have your hands full, with working like you do on top of it!
Oh thank goodness for your lady's family nearby. That's a mess of kids to feed!
All those triplets! We usually have singles on this Farm. I guess we balance you out.
The human was much happier with one or two. She loves the kids, but she thinks we shouldn't have more than we can feed. I agree with her after getting so run down with my twins last year.
I only know about bottle feeding puppies, and they are smaller. But they have to be fed every 2 hours! Are the goats that way too as babies? And do they eat anything else?
Aren't they just the sweetest things! Goodness, I know it takes so much time to bottle feed anything :)
Thanks for stopping by.
Kids get fed about every three hours to start with. It doesn't take long before it's down to three times a day, and four of the kids are still getting some from their moms.
Gosh, I sure would love to pop a few of those kids in the back of my car and smuggle them back to Canada with me! I'm a very happy bottle feeder! :-D
The human would really like that. You could drop one off to Mimi and one for Isobelle--even better than laying an egg. She could just adopt one. Same with Lucky Nickel. Adoption would be a good route for her.
Bless your poor humans heart, that is a lot of bottles and mouths...Like many others I wish I was closer by to pop over and help out...I know lil Sara would love to hold a bottle or two for the kids as well.
Hope they wean quickly for you...Glad your family is able to lend a hand too.
Blessings Kelsie
Post a Comment