Minnie Pearl is my twin sister. She was born to be a milking nanny. Now, she's the head of the herd since she knocked Cutie down a notch. I'm proud of my twin because she's really found her groove!
Minnie was born to be a milking nanny, but she was horribly neurotic as a mother. As soon as she'd go into labor, she'd scream and yell and make the human sit there and hold her hoof. The first time, the human was worried and she even called the vet. When he arrived, he promptly told the human that she and Minnie were both being big babies. Okay, he said it much nicer. That's what I would have told the human if she had asked me.
She has improved over the years, but last time she even had the human's mom out there. She let her lick the whipped cream off her strawberry shortcake. Honestly, I should act like a big baby and see what it gets me.
Anyhow, Minnie retired because her stomach muscles are starting to sag and her back and feet were aching. Wow! Her coat is thick and glossy and I must say, she's almost a bit chubby. Retirement has been good for her. She just can't get over the not being a milking nanny. What's she do? She starts lactating just so she can be a milking nanny (true story of the power of positive thinking).
She's really doing a whiz bang job of taking care of the herd. When the human led me out to pasture tonight (yes, I make her because my back and feet ache and she should give me hay),
Minnie helped her bring Angel and Vixen out to pasture. Their mom Cutie left them behind.
Then she hung out with Bud and Flower and coaxed them into pasture with the goats (not the human) for the first time ever. That's my twin sister, Minnie Pearl.

8 comments:
Minnie is gorgeoue Millie! What a fine sister you have. I'd scream for some whipped cream and strawberry shortcake too. Smart goat!
Well,Minnie knows a girl deserves a little extra attention when she is poppin' out kids!It sounds like you have a great sister Millie!
It sounds like she has really found her calling...
Wow, that Minnie is a great goat! Does she teach classes to other goats? If not, I think she should. Mine could use some lessons in this sort of thing...
She has beautiful horns!
You must be really proud of Minnie, Our little Cubey who just had kids is our herd queen. Yes the tiniest of all goats here at Clearwater ranch rules the crew! When I put her and the new kids in the little barn to protect the kids till they are big enough the hawks and owls cant pick them up. The rest of the herd just stayed in the older corral and said well what do we do? Do we stay here all day? Where do we go eat? How do we get there? I had to lead them out, then in the evening they stood over by the little barn Cubey and her kids are in and said what do we do Cubey? Do we stand here all night what do we do? SO yep I had to go get them and lead them back to their old corral where they sleep every single night... Point, its a big job being the queen of the herd, lots of responsibility! So you should be really proud of your sister :O).
Minnie is great and all and has beautiful horns (but she doesn't make music with her horns), but she's not my boss. My ear tag number was smaller than hers, so that means I'm the oldest goat here. I'll wait for the human to tell me I have to go out to pasture.
Hats off to Minnie Pearl , for taking care of those kiddos. Yep , I'd scream for strawberry shortcake with whip cream too(LOL).
~ Nanny Blessings ~
Post a Comment