Universal Life Church | ULC

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Treat Tub

With all the wet weather it's been hard for us to go out to pasture to eat. We don't like to get wet you know. Anyhow, the human asked me if there was anything she could do that would help us stay healthy with this difficult year.

All that water makes the worm eggs float, and then it's more likely the kids (or those big girls down low on the food chain) will be wormy. Nutrition and overall health places a big part in staying healthy despite those evil parasites. Back to the human. I told her we needed a lick tub.

Then I thought about it and decided we'd better have two. Then I'd actually be able to get some. Well, I didn't think she'd listen to me, but then she came carrying in a blue bucket. Then she brought in another one. She really did bring us the two lick tubs just like I requested! Sadie even thinks it will make a good head scratcher.

6 comments:

Tracy said...

Hi Millie! What is a lick tub?

IsobelleGoLightly said...

mmmm! We'd like some of those here! mmmmmmm!

Millie said...

It's a goat version of a mineral block all held together with wonderful molassass. We usually don't get the yummy goat ones because certain Minnie goats like to eat it like candy.

sunset pines farm said...

those go over like candy at our place.So, since May, we switched to selenium blocks. They don't get eaten so quickly. In winter the tubs will probably make an appearance again.

brokenteepee said...

You are very lucky goats.

Texan said...

Oh yes the goats at our place LOVE LOVE LOVE their mineral protein tubs!!