Universal Life Church | ULC

Friday, October 12, 2012

Me's Marley Wether

Me's daddy, Marley be's a wether!


He still be's resting to feels better.


Me hopes me and me's Marley wether can be gooderest buddies!

14 comments:

Ozarks Goat Girl said...

Oh, dear. Didn't see this coming. Bet Marley didn't either. How I feel for him. Are you going to keep him now that he is castrated? Poor, poor Marley.

Teresa said...

Marley carries a fatal genetic defect, so he really can't be used to breed. Wethering him means he gets to stay here forever. :-)

Madelyn Gerhart said...

He looks upset. He must be sad, no more being a buck. I should of expected this because of his defect. Is he still going to stay eith Boeris and Fionn? Or, will he hang with you and the girls? But, instead of being sold, he gets to be a fat and happy weather, plus a forever home :)

The Human said...

He will stay with the boys. It's likely that he would still want to act like a buck. He's my companion wether now. He is a sweet, sweet boy, and he deserves to stay forever. :-)

forest said...

So happy he will have a forever home...

brokenteepee said...

Poor boy. I'm glad he will have lots of good company though

Ozarks Goat Girl said...

I am glad you are going to keep him. What was the genetic defect? Might Myson have inherited it? Marley is a cool looking goat.

Mimi Foxmorton said...

Oops.

You go to sleep one day with all your parts and the next thing you know........ ;)

Healing Energy to the sweet boy!

*goat hugs all around*

The Human said...

We haven't been able to identify the defect. It does present very similar to G6S. Myson might have inherited it, but Millie is not a carrier, so it won't affect him. :-)

Candy C. said...

Poor Marley! I know he doesn't think so now, but it is for the best and now he gets to stay forever!! :)

Candy C. said...

Oh, I wanted to mention too that when we wethered an adult buck a few years ago, a lot of his hair started falling out. I think probably from the hormonal changes. Poor fella looked like he had mange or something!

Ozarks Goat Girl said...

Now it's 3 days after the castration. How is Marley doing? Little goats bounce back pretty quickly but I don't know how quickly full grown males adjust. I've been thinking about him!

The Human said...

He's actually doing very well! He's still flirting with girls through the fences. :-) I'm just keep an eye on things because the risk of infection yet.

Claire MW said...

Glad to hear that Marley is staying and not going to auction. He's so handsome. I hope he doesn't end up quite like the insatiable Osmo, and more like Val, who was wethered and didn't act like a buck any more after that. Clever Val.