Universal Life Church | ULC

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Kids: Not Slimy but Poopy

Scarlet's and Maggie's kids are nice and dry now. They even got to come outside today. Scarlet had her kids corralled by the chicken pen.

She had Naughty Rooster Boy to keep an eye on them. After all, he seems to think he's the guardian of the kids.

Aren't they cute?

This is where Scarlet put them so she could go out to pasture and browse with us. I think this pan is full.
It might even be overflowing.

Maggie's kids are already trying to play and bounce.

It's all the good colostrum they are drinking.

I tried to tell her to leave them in the barnyard, but she took them to pasture with her.

At least she did stay up near the barnyard. Finally, they settled down to sleep, and she went out with the rest of us.

Don't worry about that awfully icky, sticky colostrum poo. We voted the human gets to clean up because she uses a wash cloth instead of a tongue.

Nobody has been named yet, so feel free to suggest names for me to pass on to Maggie and Scarlet.

Be sure to go visit all the other Farm Friend Friday posts at Deborah Jean's Dandelion House and Verde Farms.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, serious cute alert...lol! So much fun and so pretty!

TexWisGirl said...

they are so cute!!! love all the varied color schemes! the heart on the forehead of that little white one w/ brown head is adorable! (i went back and think he is a male?) so he could be named 'Hart' or 'Hartford'? The little black male 'Ebony'? His sis with the white body and black head reminds me of a rabbit so 'Bunny'? There's a brown and white one (female?) that has an all white back leg - almost like she's got a hiked up stocking on. I couldn't think of anything based on thigh highs, so how about the reverse - 'Capri'? I think that just leaves a white one with dark head (female?) 'Daphne' - that's all I've got...

brokenteepee said...

Kids are too cute for words.

Roosters are just plain mean

IsobelleGoLightly said...

Ooo! A Bucket 'O Babies! Tee hee. I think you need at least one Isobelle. hee hee hee

Sharon said...

Adorable, beyond adorable! A good name for the one with poo - Pooh.

V.L. Locey said...

Awww so darn cute!

Lynn said...

Ok, help a city girl out here... you put them in the tub for a cute pic right? They all didn't just get in there on their own, right? Just adorable:@)

C said...

oh i want one :)

Millie said...

The babies put themselves in there. We all LOVE to sleep in the feed pans. I only wish that I could fit in them.

Margaret said...

Wow - Texwisgirl outdid herself with the names. I like them. I used to have a Saanen goat growing up and her name was Tulip. She was a great milker. I will be posting photos of the baby goats across the street sometime next week.

Anonymous said...

How about Kangaroo Jill for Maggie's little girl? And for the boy how about Kangaroo Jack? Heehee, they just popped into my head, totally random, I know.

Tay

Alana Jo said...

They are so adorable. I love babies!

bon bon said...

those little ones are unbelievably adorable!

Candy C. said...

Nothin' cuter than goat babies!