Look at how beautiful my girl Pebbles is. She is such a lovely lady, strong and smart, she deserves to be herd queen of the mom's pasture.
She hatched a plan to get rid of Meg. Then she would be herd queen! Unfortunately, the human noticed Meg was missing when she gave them their grain. She went out to pasture yelling, "Meg!" Over and over I had to listen to her as she went down to the ditch and all around to the back. Finally it quieted down until she got to the top of the hill when we heard an anguished, "Meg!" To hear the human tell it, Meg was lying still on her side with a fallen tree on top of her.
When Meg had reached under the fallen tree for a bite of grass, Pebbles slammed Meg causing her to slip in the wet grass. While she was down, Pebbles struck again. Now as you all know, a goat does not like reverse. Meg tried crawling forward to get out from under the tree and away from Pebbles, just as Pebbles knew she would. Mawhahahaha-Meg was stuck! Well, I guess I can see why the human would think Meg was dead (after all that was the plan).
She rushed to Meg's side and then to her front half on the other side of the tree. She was alive! She tried lifting the tree, but she's just one puny human. She tried turning Meg so she could get out, but she's just one puny human. Finally, she got Meg's back legs and pulled as hard as she could until Meg was finally pulled out from under the tree.
They walked to the barnyard with a bruised Meg, unsteady on her feet. They had to stop several times, but finally they made it. As soon as Pebbles saw the human had pulled Meg out to safety, her eyes flashed with anger and the challenge was on!
It would be a fight.
The human stayed there for a long time until she thought Pebbles had settled down. Then she went to get Meg some banamine to help with her sore swollen ribs. All was well when she came back out and gave Meg the medicine. When she went into the middle part of the barn, however, it was on!
The human decided that Pebbles would not quit (well of course not--victory was at hand). The human took Meg through the duck and peacock pen to put her in her own room in the barn with hay and a bucket of water. Then she went to go get Meg's boys, Xander and Xavier.
I don't know why she got mad at me. I mean, if she didn't want me to open the gate and go in, why didn't she hook the latch?
She really wasn't happy when she came out from putting Meg in the barn to find three peahens out. I don't know what she was grumbling about. They went right back in. Really, why was she not happy that I had gone in to have a little snack of grain? [This is a reenactment. See the peahens in the barn behind me. I can't believe the human fell for this.]
Well, Meg got some hay and the human said she was going for a glass of wine. Pebbles is not happy that her plan was foiled, but she'll come up with a new idea!
What? You might not believe me, but that's the way it happened. Honestly, it is.

6 comments:
Oh for shame!
wow poor Meg, hope she will be ok.
You are so right about that latch lol
Blessings Kelsie
i don't like when animals try to change up the pecking order (or butting order for goats). it makes me a bit sad...
Oooh! That's scary! I'm so sorry your lady had such a fright and that Meg was injured. I wonder why she didn't yell (Meg, that is). I sure would have! Was that grain good, Millie? Goatie opportunity is not to be wasted! tee hee hee
Wow, that's a chaotic day for your lady! I do hope that Meg is feeling better today and hopefully everything will be sorted out in the goat hierarchy. Lucky Nickel is an only goat at the moment, so she is top goat for now. I'm glad nobody was badly hurt. I hope Pam is doing well too.
We have had a lot going on. Meg will recover, and of course we always get things sorted out (Usually when the human isn't around to stick her nose in our hierarchy). Pam is doing better. The human wrote about that here. http://edenhills.wordpress.com/2011/05/12/feeding-pam-and-stormy/
Post a Comment