My new friend Mimi just became a goat mama. You really should see her new kid. It reminded me of when I was a baby. I don't really remember coming to my human's home, but she's told me all about it.
It seems that she and the boy drove for two hours on bad, snowy roads to go buy five Nubian nannies that were two weeks old. She said she was unpleasantly surprised when she saw all of us little week at the most Saanen girls that looked like we weren't going to live.
If she hadn't driven so far with her boy, she'd never have brought us home. She picked me and Minnie right away because we were the biggest girls. She didn't really think anyone else looked very good. The boy picked Cutie. Can you tell how she got her name?
He also picked Meg, the one he's holding in the picture below. The guy she got them from then pawned Maddie (standing) off on her so he could have the healthier looking one. The human was pretty sure at least some of us were going to die.
Here I am! My ears were frostbitten already, but they hadn't gotten short yet. We still had those tags too. Maddie's and Meg's were badly infected.
Because it was February 7th, when she brought us home and we were so little, she put us in her kitchen. All five of us lived there for the first week of our lives at Eden Hills. From left to right is Minnie standing by the cupboards, Me, Maddie up front, Meg and Cutie clear in the back.
This is when we first met Snickers. I don't think he was too happy to meet us the way the human tells the story. I don't understand that. Does Maddie look like she's going to do anything to him?
I'm going to go munch some hay, so I'll have to tell you more of the story later. Go see Mimi's kid!





11 comments:
Goodness gracious, what a sad start to life, and how wonderful your lady rescued you! I can't wait to hear the rest of the story!
Wow sounds like you were super lucky your lady come and got all of you!! You guys were cuties.. and Mimi's new baby is such a cutey too!!
I don't like people who are mean to goats!
What a rough start in life! Your human is a very good and kindhearted human, that's for sure! Aren't you glad?
What a wonderful ending to a sad beginning! I am so glad your human showed up just in the nick of time Millie!
Thanks goodness for Teresa and the boy! This is a great post. I can't wait for part 2!
I'll be waiting for part 2! You were all so tiny!!!
Oh my....I am crying all over the blogs this evening.......
Who does such a thing? Frostbite? Infection?
I volunteer at a rescue farm (which is how the whole goat thing started) and met some goats who were abandoned by their human...by being tied to the furniture in the house they moved out of and left to their fate. Unreal.
Thank you so much for sharing this story, Millie.....you are a very, very special goat.
I hope one day to give you a snuzzle! :)
And thanks for telling everyone about my Darla. I do wish I lived at the farm but I promise to do the very best I can to be sure she has the perfect goat life! I'm going to be the best goat borrower I can be!
Much love.....
xox
~Mimi
My sister says thank you for the birthday wishes! You guys were such cute little babies, who could do that to a innocent baby goat?
Aw Millie! I'm so glad that your lady found you and took you and your sisters home!!! You were a very adorable little girl!!!
Thank you all for such kind words.
Post a Comment