I dream of a place where the sun is always shining.
There is grass a plenty
along with pleasant company.
Pasture, flowers and trees as much as we want.
There is no mud, no sick, no bugs.
No grumpy personalities to clash horns.
All day long goats frolic and play together.
Stumps and jungle gyms and rock piles
abound for us to climb.
Boys don't get stinky and we ladies are never hot.
Horns are free because there are no fences.
Always a bed of fresh straw outside under the stars.
On golden harps I will strum with my musical horns.
On Earth no such place may exist,
But when we return home
It is a place where the sun is always shining.
No, I'm not dead or dying, but Misty chose to return home. After taking a bottle for a while and starting to recover, she decided to give up on this life. No matter what, she was not going to eat or drink other than water.
That silly human seems to think she should be able to give us a perfect existence. Sometimes I have to remind her that this world is not perfect, and she can't make it so no matter how hard she tries. When someone decides to give up, you cannot force them to live. Silly human. I thought the poem would be nicer than butting her in the booty to knock some sense into her.
10 comments:
Oh ,poor Misty. You are right...sometimes little goaties are not meant to be in this world for long.We just try and give them the best why they are here....and we are terribly sad when they go...
Awww. So sorry about Misty. That is truly a lovely poem, Millie! Much better for your lady than a butt in the booty! How about a nice goat kiss?
It is just hard for the publicists sometimes to understand.
They get very sad.
I send her a goat hug.
Thank you all. She's in pretty bad shape right now, but I'll keep hugging and kissing her. She does appreciate everybody's comments and thoughts because then she doesn't feel like the only enlightened goat lover out there.
Oh :O(, we are all sorry here at Clearwater Ranch to hear that Misty didn't make it. Yes it is hard on the humans when their furry friends pass away.
Sorry to hear about Misty , love the poem , Millie. Glad you have a talent other than butt butting (LOL. How about giving the human a sweet nudge instead.
~ Sweet Nudges and Nanny Blessings ~
From , JoyceAnn , Jazz and Jo
I tried a little nudge last night, but the human flipped out and yelled at us all. Maybe it's because I nudged the gate open and let us in where we weren't supposed to be. I thought it might distract her. And I could get to corn, too.
I'm so sorry to hear about Misty. Please give your human loads of hugs from me. It's so hard to lose creatures we love.
Sad day indeed for the humans. Lucky Nickel says that Misty has sent her a special goat-brain-wave message to say that she is frolicking. That is how she, and all the best goats, must be remembered after their souls have traveled.
oh, the little darling. My heart absolutely breaks when one of them can't fight anymore...she sure tried hard, and your human tried even harder.
Hugs from us at Sunset Pines..
Post a Comment