Universal Life Church | ULC

Monday, July 5, 2010

Hay and Rain

The human has neglected us this summer; she hasn't even spent enough time out here for the kids to know her. Most times I don't like that. But last week, I was fine with her being busy so much of the time. When she finished, I peeked in the barn. Look what I saw.

Look at all that hay. I don't think even Scarlet could eat all of that at once. Then I looked up.

There was even more in the loft. We will be eating well all winter long. The human and her boy got this finished just in time.

The rain has started again. This is how we've spent the last two days.

There's not a lot to do but lay in the barn and wait for the rain to stop. Of course, Bambi thinks it is fun to use me as a trampoline or jungle gym. I wish this is what she was doing instead.

Then I could stay nice and clean. I hope the sun shines again soon.

8 comments:

Melodie said...

You all are a bunch of lucky goaties to have so much wonderful hay!

IsobelleGoLightly said...

That sure is a pretty picture of you with the youngsters, Millie! We are trying to get hay here too. Our hay man keeps forgetting about us! Hopefully today! My lady went up and picked up some freshly cut hay and we won't eat it. She isn't happy with us.

C said...

OOOh hay plenty to eat thru the winter you lucy girls :) hope the rain goes away soon so you can get back out to play :) thanks for all your very kind supportive messages hun i'm truely getting back to normal x x x

brokenteepee said...

That's what nannies are for.

MMMM, that hay looks tasty.

Millie said...

We are lucky to have the hay in already. I know some years, the human has had a hard time finding any good hay for us.

Oh Isobelle, you wouldn't eat fresh hay??????

It's nice to hear from you Crystal Rainbow; glad you are better.

Pricilla, you are right about nannies being their kids' play things. I don't mind when the weather is nice, but mud...yuck.

Anonymous said...

You should tell Bambi to jump on her brother... that's what sisters are for, right?

Millie said...

Yes, Tayet. Bambi is a very bouncy girl. She jumps on Beau too and all the other kids.

Texan said...

Now thats some hay! That will be so nice all winter!