Universal Life Church | ULC

Saturday, June 19, 2010

What I Saw Today

Do these kids look like they're stuck?

No, they can crawl out from behind the gate. Do Bekka (little one) and Maggie (big one) look like they're stuck behind the gate?

No, Bekka is little and can fit just about anywhere. Maggie is smart enough to know how to push the gate and get herself out. Does Helen look like she's stuck?

Yep. There's no way for that goat to get out except walking in reverse and going around a sharp curve where she would barely fit. The human had to move the gate. We still aren't sure what possessed her to go back there in the first place.

The bee balm is blooming. It smells so sweet and lemony. I just love it's feathery flowers.

The rooster takes his job of Guardian of the Kids quite seriously. He's always keeping an eye on them. I would hate to be the one who tries to be mean to them because I think the rooster would attack.

Leo is quite the silly kitty. He's really enjoying getting to come outside. He used to be a stray living in the barn. Then he became a house cat (allergies). Now, he's a wherever he wants to be cat like the other ones.

It's Litha's daughter Maddie. For some reason, Litha can't keep track of her kids. They're not naughty like Pistol. They're being good, but she can never find them.

These three goslings are enjoying the pool. I don't think I'd like to play in green water, but they don't seem to mind. The human says there's already too much mud to just dump all that water. Besides we have clean water to drink. Personally, I think she's just too lazy to put clean water in there.

They're starting to get wings! Maybe that means they are growing up and then their parents won't attack anyone who comes within fifty feet of their precious little babies.

3 comments:

brokenteepee said...

Silly goats.
Silly goose.
Silly everything!

Melodie said...

Mischievous goaties! You have a barnyard full of great critters! I know there is never a dull moment around there!

Millie said...

We do keep the human on her toes!