It has been suggested (by someone that is jealous???) that I didn't know about the lush pasture our human gave us because I was being a princess. Not true. It's simply that I am a very doting, caring mama. How many of you would just go away and leave your kids at home with no nanny to look after them and their fourteen friends of the same age? That's what I thought.
I'm compromising. I will go eat in the pasture, but I'm going to stay close enough to keep an eye on my kids. Think they'll notice me? I'm out there by the cow. I can see my Beau and Bambi along with Joe's Flash.
Guess what goes on while we're out at pasture eating.
How many kids do you think can fit on the tree at one time?
I see Peanut and Beau. Sparkle running down the tree. Peanut, Vesta, and Jetty at the top. Flash starting to climb. That's seven kids. Where are the other nine???? Oh, they're playing a little farther up in the barnyard.
Oops, Maddie is sliding down the tree. I wonder where her Mom is if she were to fall and get hurt. I'm not sure how Vesta can stay up there. Good thing there's a nanny on duty here.
Here comes Misty and Heather to chase everyone else away.
They have been practicing tree climbing longer than most of the others.
Heather is a dedicated tree climber, practicing after everyone else has left. Now, wouldn't you feel better knowing that there is a responsible nanny keeping an eye on your kids? I thought so.
It won't be long before the kids get bigger and we can take them out to pasture with us. Right now, we all go and leave the kids in the barnyard where it's safe, especially since I'm here.







6 comments:
What a nice tree to play on! I'd chew the bark and rub on it! hee hee.... What talented kids!
It's great to see baby goats with things to play on. No worries Millie, all great mothers are self sacrificing.
:D
I'm way too old to try climbing trees, but it is a lot of fun to watch the kids.
Mmmm, bark. I love bark.
I thought my four kids playing were cute, but yours are like a kind of cute overdose. I can't seem to stop giggling at the pictures. Good thing I don't have that many kids, I would not be able to leave to go to work!
They are so much fun. I just wish the weather would clear up so I could get out there to enjoy them.
Post a Comment