Universal Life Church | ULC

Friday, June 4, 2010

The Answer Is

I don't think it's funny for everyone to be guessing. I tried not to pose perfectly for the human like I usually do. She wouldn't take the hint and just kept snapping my picture. Millie was going to tell you today what happened, but she is very pregnant, hot and cranky. I didn't trust her to tell you without making fun of me.

The dogs started it. They got the poor thing all riled up and it ran into the pen with us. I am a mother. When I see rodents running around my babies, I protect them. I did not realize what a horrible nasty thing it would do to me. I got sprayed by a skunk.

I'm trying to carry on with my dignity intact, but it's hard when nobody wants to be near me. I wish I didn't have to be near me either. Please don't laugh at a mother protecting her babies. This is what I think of anyone who would laugh at me.


10 comments:

Tracy said...

Oh! Poor Cutie. To have something so awful happen to you while being a great mother. It's just not fair.

I would still come near you, and I'd even give you a good scratch!

P.S. That is the best picture EVER!

Melodie said...

I nominate you for the Nanny Goat of the Year award!

brokenteepee said...

Good for you protecting your kids!

Millie said...

I'm so glad everyone is being nice. I once was prepared to attack a sick raccoon but the human's boy came and took car of it so I didn't have to.

Tracy I'd appreciate that scratch.

Texan said...

Oh no a skunk! :O(...Hope it will wear off soon for you...

IsobelleGoLightly said...

Oooh! Blech! And I thought it was bad when the doctor squirted a tiny bit of alcohol at me to keep me out of his sterile equipment box (that crinkly plastic, you know)! Ask your person for a lovely tomato juice bath. You could drink and bathe at the same time! hee hee hee

Claire MW said...

Oh dear me, poor you! Sending you virtual hugs and lots of happy, pretty smelling thoughts. Try to avoid skunks in future. They are not worth the bother and are unlikely to be interested in your babies. You are a very brave and noble goat.

Millie said...

How long can it take for the smell to wear off? I'll be fine. Claire, I would protect my babies from anything: dogs, cats, skunks, geese. Nothing messes with my kids!

Ken and Mary of Fancy Fibers Farm said...

Oh poor thing! What a great nanny for protecting your kids. You'll have that stink for awhile, but it gets better. You may have that stain though for a long while. Two of my goat guardian dogs have been sprayed several times and its been months and that faintly yellow-ish stain is still visible. You and all your herdmates need to stay away from those critters, you never know when they're sick and they can hurt y'all. Ken and Mary of Fancy Fibers Farm, Texas

Millie said...

Thank you for your good advice, Ken and Mary. I will certainly try to stay away from them...as long as they stay away from my babies.