Universal Life Church | ULC

Monday, April 26, 2010

Shedding

Even though it's kind of cool and rainy today, it is definitely time to shed the coat! If only I could get rid of the clumps around my collar.

Scarlet looks flocked. When she is done shedding, she'll go back to her deep red.

Litha is losing fur everywhere! She's also starting to look a little bit pregnant.

Jilly has to be hot with all that fur when she is playing so hard. You can see the clump coming out from her shoulder. She's also getting a baby belly.

It will feel good to get all this extra hair out.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Millie, I was wondering of you goaties like to be brushed. There is a great tool called the Furminator that would take care of all that loose fur in a jiffy. It really is amazing and actually works just like it says it will (very rare). I was very impressed and my dog loved it.

Melodie said...

Goaties like to be scratched as much as possible,this is especially true during the shedding season! I hope you all get rid of all that itchy hair soon!

Millie said...

We are working on it. Some of the Boer goats/Boer crosses have an undercoat that is a lot harder to get rid of. I've tried brushing, but they don't seem to like it--rubbing and scratching is more their preference.