Would you believe what that Dr. Schmitz did?
He dripped cold water on my face and called me an OLD GOAT! You can still see where the water was running down my face!
I don't know why he's the human's favorite vet because that was not very nice.
I suppose it's better than what he did to Casey though. Poor boy had brain surgery.
I guess it's good that I have sparkling white casts again (on the bottom half).
I don't know why that human wants to take my picture right after giving me hay. I can't quit eating or those fat Opal and Lily goats will have it all gone.
13 comments:
Your casts look nice and bright. You are not an old goat! I am an old goat....
Poor Casey. I didn't think your human kept any brainless goats.
It's a long blog post that she'll explain. We have a couple of brainless goats. She doesn't know what she's going to do with Casey yet, but she will be making sure all of our boys have brain surgery from now on.
Hey Millie! It looks like you've got to break in a new pair of casts huh? I'm sure you'll have them tuned in no time. This human has a lot of questions. How's Meg's hoofie? I thought Bud was the only brainless boy on the farm? Which method did the Vet use to separate Casey from his brain? How come your human wants all the boys to have brain surgery from now on? Inquiring (intrusive) minds want to know :D I suppose I could be patient if all these questions are addressed in future posts. Feeling famous yet? ;)
Getting your horns recast is kind of like getting a guitar restrung! You are ready to plays some tunes!
Meg's foot was injured and infected but there's not a lot to do other than try to keep the infection from coming back. I'll keep using the garlic infusion. I'm going to do a post when I get the courage on the genetic defect in the herd. It would be irresponsible to let the boys grow up and breed and spread the defect far and wide. It's not a happy choice, but all boys will be banded. Banding is our vet's recommendation because it seems to be the least likely to have complications. I'll wait until they are a little older before banding them so that they have more time for their urinary tract to grow and develop and have less chance of the calculi developing. I don't know what on earth I'm going to do with that stinker Casey because I adore him, but I already have two wethers (Bud and Osmo).
The Human
Thanks Teresa! I hope Meg's hoof heals nicely. Garlic is amazing. Not only do I eat a ton of it for health benefits, but I also successfully treated one of my goats (Clara) for skin mites just by rubbing sliced garlic cloves into the spots most affected. Apparently they cannot handle sulfur compounds and garlic is just loaded with them.
Nobody can say you are irresponsible with your critters Teresa. I don't envy your situation with that nasty defect. I'm going to have to deal with castration in the near future. It was good to hear your vet recommended banding as my vet is of the same mind.
I forgot about Osmo! Right now with my tiny herd I can't imagine selling any - including the boys! Jeff keeps joking that we'll end up with a huge herd of 40 pet wethers 2 bucks and 6 does.
And it's always the boys that are so sweet and have the most personality. If you're starting a wether farm, I could ship Casey to you!
Laughing.... brain surgery, indeed!
What nice new casts, Millie! These doctors....calling you OLD and me FAT! What are they thinking?
You're not old Millie! My Nike goat is almost 12, now that's an OLD goat!!
those casts are bedazzling, millie!
Oh dear....Osmo's my fault... :(
Millie your casts look sparkling white and beautiful and I know you will make music, but try to do it gently. I think your lady could draw some nice designs on your casts for you and make you look very artsy. You're not old, you're mature. ;)
I'm not complaining about Osmo at all. He's very sweet and even shares a food pan with kids. Bud is a much bigger pain in the butt than anyone else at meal time, but every other moment of the day he's a sweetie. I just have to dry the line somewhere with wethers.
Post a Comment