Friday, August 27, 2010

Locked Up

Weaned! My babies and I are being weaned! I'm so humiliated that I can't keep up with them. I haven't been so run down since the last time I had twins. That's when I got really sick, and she just wants us to be healthy.

At least it isn't just me. I have Scarlet locked in with me. I guess she's company, but she would not be my first choice.
The human said Kizzy might have to join us, but she wants her babies to be able to get a little older if Kizzy can hold out. She's getting extra feeding after everyone else is done.

Bambi and Beau stayed up here by me when everyone else went to pasture, so the human gave them some goat chow. Scarlet's babies could have had some sweet feed too, but they went out to pasture with the rest of the herd.

I hate to admit it, but she is right. Look at the difference in tails. Up tails are happy, healthy goats. Down tails are tired, run-down goats.

Bambi is doing pretty good, but Beau is kind of thin and not feeling great either. He doesn't want to browse or eat grain. He just wants to nurse. Look how empty my udder is after 24 hours.

I'm humiliated. I'm supposed to be the milking nanny, and she isn't even going to milk me. She says I need to take care of myself, but I am so upset. Then I'm retiring! How awful.

5 comments:

IsobelleGoLightly said...

Awww Millie! You should be very proud to have raised such beautiful (and big) children! We all want you to become fat and sassy with retirement. I know you'll miss your babies though. I hope you feel perked up very soon.

polly's path said...

maybe retirement and weaning will be good for your figure....trust the human.
How old are your babies now?
Doesn't your udder...hurt...if you just go cold turkey and wean your babies?

Millie said...

My kids will be three months old on Sept. 12th. Problem with Beau is that he just wants to nurse instead of eating anything else. My udder would hurt if I were making any milk at all. But after three days, it still isn't tight. If it were, I'm sure the human would help it feel better by milking a little out. Scarlet's udder still isn't full either. That's why we were weaned--too run down to even make much milk.

Texan said...

sounds like to me you have worked hard for your human and your human is just saying thank you...its time to rest ;O)...

Millie said...

I'll try. She has vets coming to see me on Wed., and she gave me medicine today. I do admit, I'm rather tired.