Friday, July 30, 2010

Sorrow

It's not often that we lose one of our own around here, so when we do, it's upsetting to all. I feel especially horrible after my comments from yesterday. I wasn't around when it happened, but I would guess it was an accident with everyone trying to stay out of the rain this morning. Lindy had never shared the barn with anyone because in her short life, it was all sunshine, despite a horribly rainy summer. I'm sure whomever jumped into the bunk where Lindy always slept didn't know she was there. By the time the human found her, even though there was a dangerously mad dash to the vet's office, nothing could be done.

Out of respect for Jilly and in honor of Lindy, I'm going to take a couple of days off. Blessings to everyone, and I'll be back soon.

Thanks,

Millie

10 comments:

Melodie said...

Oh ...I am so ,so sorry...hugs...

Tracy said...

I am so sorry such an awful accident happened. Poor little Lindy.

:~(

IsobelleGoLightly said...

Oh no! So sorry!

Pricilla said...

I am so very sorry.
Goat hugs from all of us.

The Chicken Keepers said...

We had a young goat die recently and it broke everyone's heart :( :( We know what you are feeling. Many blessings and deep sympathy.

The Chicken Keepers

Leigh said...

I am so, so sorry to hear about Lindy. This must have been so upsetting for everyone. Blessings to you all.

Ken and Mary of Fancy Fibers Farm said...

So sorry for your loss. We've lost 2 angora goats in freak accidents in the last month.

JoyceAnn said...

Hi Teresa & Millie ~ So sorry to hear about Lindy , unfortunately these things happen at times.

~ Nanny Hugs and Blessings from JoyceAnn , Jazz and Jo ~

Millie said...

Thank you all for such nice, caring comments.

Claire the Shepherdess said...

So very sad for you. I know precisely how you feel, and it is dreadfully difficult to deal with these kinds of losses. Hugs all around from me and the goats.