Saturday, January 12, 2013

Of Gods and Goats

Despite the drop in temperatures today, I was really hot again this morning.  It was horrible!

Every time I went to visit with Boeris, I started shivering, and he was just ignoring me!



I can't believe it!  Well, the human said I should just forget about Boeris.  She had a better solution for me.  Then she gave me the book Of Gods and Goats by V. L. Locey.



I started reading, and it's a book about a goat farming lady and her beautiful Saanen goats and she has a pet steer.


Hay!  Is this book about my human?  Well, I haven't seen any handsome Greek gods around here, but I was feeling much warmer after reading this book!  It almost started the ice melting again.

Disclaimer:  I received a copy of this book by winning a giveaway hosted by the very nice author.  The human didn't let me have it because she wanted to read it first.  She must have liked it since she recommended it to me.  I gained nothing from this but the warmth of a romance.  I didn't even get the glass of wine.

7 comments:

Charlotte Crawley said...

Thanks for recommending that book. I will see if our library has is; if not I might have to break-down and buy it.
I'm not sure wine is good for you anyway Millie. Boeris doesn't know what he is missing ignoring you.

Mimi Foxmorton said...

Goats and Gods?
Who could resist?

I'll send along a fan for the *hot* parts! *wink-wink*

Patty Woodland said...

Millie! Priscilla would have eaten that book. You have a lot of restraint

Jennifer said...

Cute, lol

S. J. Qualls said...

Oh, Millie, what are we gonna do about you? 'bout time you quit that shivering thing!

Millie said...

We were all shivering yesterday, Sharon. We were nice and warm and then the temperatures went down by thirty degrees in just a few hours.

V.L. Locey said...

What a darn shame you didn`t get any wine, Millie. I hope that your human enjoys the book and reads you some passages from it. I think you`d enjoy hearing about Pease, Porridge, and Pots, the Saanan`s who share the book with their human, Libby!