Wednesday, January 16, 2013

All Goats Go To Heaven

It's true you know.  All goats go to Heaven.  It has to happen sooner or later one way or another.  We just sent our wonderful goatie sister, Cutie, to the ultimate forever farm.  We got lab results back, and the reason Cutie had such achy joints was CAE.

Cutie
If you've never heard the story of how we came to live with the human at Eden Hills, she got us when we were very, very young and sick-coccidiosis, frost bite, and infections.  Now she knows the last of the health problems we came with.  CAE.

Me

I will be nine-years-old in a couple of weeks.  I'm happy.  I love my life and my herd and my human.

Myson

I do have days though when my lungs rattle, and I get a bit tired.  Now the human can quit that hovering and asking if I'm okay and what's wrong with me.  Now she knows.


I do plan on enjoying every day that I have left here, and if the winter isn't too bad, I might even make it to my tenth birthday!

Now, don't give me sympathy because you'll start my goofy human to crying again.

10 comments:

Barbara F. said...

Awww, Cutie is a real cutie. And so brave. What a good Goat Mother you have. She takes such good care of you and the herd. xo

IsobelleGoLightly said...

Aw Millie! We love you and don't want anything to happen to you. My lady said sometimes she and other humans just can't fix some things. I'm sorry that you've lost Cutie and hope that you enjoy all the sunny, basking days and treats that you can handle! xoxoxoxo

Patty Woodland said...

You have the best human in the world. She gives you lots of love and treats.
I have to go now...
goat hugs

Tracy said...

It's so hard on us humans to realize that we can't sterilize the world and that disease is natural no matter how nasty it is. I have to remind myself of that more frequently than I'd like. What really gets my goat is that after all the testing you do, the tests are never 100% accurate and that false positives and negatives do happen or you're negative for years and then all of a sudden you've got a positive! Anyway, those are my hang ups. We humans just want our critters to be happy and healthy. I'm wishing you many more happy and healthy years Millie!

S. J. Qualls said...

Cutie really was a cutie, but then Millie, you are too!

Loving that fur coat!

Mimi Foxmorton said...

I can't think of any place I'd rather live than with your Maa at Eden Hills.........
xoxoxox

Candy C. said...

You are a very wise goat Millie and I know your human will make sure that every one of your days is the best that it can be!

Kathe W. said...

darling goat children- you are quite the splendid goats!

Kateri said...

I am really glad you have a good home at Eden Hills with your wonderful human. Happy browsing to Cutie in goat heaven.

Charlotte Crawley said...

So sorry to hear about the CAE, but know you have a very loving human. May you have many sunny and joyful days.